By Daniel L. Segal,Sara Honn Qualls,Michael A. Smyer
- Offers a complete evaluation of versions of psychological well-being and psychological sickness, in addition to their implications for remedy of older adults
- Provides a realistic research of evaluation and therapy techniques that either scholars and practitioners will locate useful
- Uses case experiences to hyperlink concept and practice
- Fully up-to-date to incorporate dialogue of the improvement and implementation of evidence-based remedy protocols within the box of psychological wellbeing and fitness; the expanding occurrence of cognitive impairment and an appreciation of its implications for various practical behaviors; and a altering figuring out of long term care clear of a spotlight on institutional care and towards a broader spectrum of services
Read or Download Aging and Mental Health (Understanding Aging) PDF
Similar aging parents books
This maintaining, optimistic, and sensible booklet will greater arrange retirees and their households for the adjustments and demanding situations of retirement in an doubtful monetary, social, and political climate.
“This ebook is a real gem! while interpreting it including my mother who has dementia, in little or no time her temper replaced. She turned very engaged and extremely alive! it's a actually transformational ebook. ” —Ken Ross, kinfolk caregiver“In my paintings with households and execs, the light on My Face has been a useful software for them to interact individuals with complex dementia one a one-to-one foundation.
This is often the twenty fifth anniversary version of What Do you assert? Its first publishing necessitated additional printing. as soon as out of print, requests saved coming for a brand new variation. Twenty-five years after its liberate, it used to be nonetheless getting used as a version of getting to know the blessing of our elders. Its truths greater than ever converse to the bigger starvation and urgency of engaged listening in an separating, disconnected international.
Robert Rupp zeigt auf foundation einer qualitativen empirischen Studie fundiert und praxisorientiert auf, wie gesundheitsorientierte Bewegungsangebote für ältere Menschen so gestaltet werden können, dass sie auf Teilnehmende motivational bindend wirken. Unter der Leitidee der Befriedigung psychologischer Grundbedürfnisse werden potenzielle und realisierte Wege zur Erfüllung des Bedürfnisses nach Kompetenzerleben im Alterssport analysiert, welches zu den bedeutendsten Motivationsquellen für sportliche Aktivität zählt.
- Cells, Aging, and Human Disease
- Housing for Older People in Singapore: An Annotated Bibliography (SpringerBriefs in Aging)
- The Aging Family: New Visions In Theory, Practice, And Reality
- Young People's Perspectives on End-of-Life: Death, Culture and the Everyday (Studies in Childhood and Youth)
- Swallow Safely: How Swallowing Problems Threaten the Elderly and Others. A Caregiver's Guide to Recognition, Treatment, and Prevention
- Reciprocity and Dependency in Old Age: Indian and UK Perspectives: 8 (International Perspectives on Aging)
Extra resources for Aging and Mental Health (Understanding Aging)