By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and confirmed sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview necessities of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every proper specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- AQA: The Making of recent Britain, 1951-2007
- OCR: Britain 1930-1997
Read or Download Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
The British military and her commonwealth Allies went to warfare in 1914 with little wisdom and adventure of creating everlasting, shell evidence protecting constructions. a few masonry fortifications, corresponding to protecting blockhouses in South Africa, were outfitted however the Royal Engineers of the military have been extra versed in basic transitority defences appropriate for cellular struggle.
This booklet appears to be like at an allegation of betrayal made opposed to a tender international place of work clerk, Victor Buckley, who, it used to be claimed, leaked privileged details to brokers of the Southern States through the American Civil battle. consequently, the CSS Alabama narrowly escaped seizure through the British executive and proceeded to salary struggle on American transport.
This publication develops a few new conceptual instruments to take on probably the most hotly debated matters about the nature of fascism, utilizing 3 profoundly assorted nationwide contexts within the inter-war years as case reports: Italy, Britain and Norway. It explores how fascist ideology used to be the results of a sustained fight among competing inner factions, which created a precarious, but additionally hugely dynamic, stability among revolutionary/totalitarian and conservative/authoritarian developments.
Anglo-Saxon Mercia used to be a superb strength in its day, even supposing many elements of it were shrouded in delusion and secret. even if, contemporary discoveries, similar to the Staffordshire Hoard and the Lichfield Angel, have shone a desirable gentle into the area of Mercia and the Mercians. In Warriors, Warlords and Saints: The Anglo-Saxon state of Mercia, writer John Hunt makes use of this facts to color a brilliant photograph of this political and cultural powerhouse which, on the peak of its impact, governed over a lot of britain, and reached out throughout Europe into the center East.
- A History of Britain Book II: The Normans, Magna Carta and the Black Death, 1066-1485
- The Big Book of Doncaster History
- Japan's Last Bid for Victory: The Invasion of India, 1944
- Up the Micks!: An Illustrated History of the Irish Guards
- The British Army in the Far East 1941–45 (Battle Orders)
Extra resources for Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition